Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
Bassna, the problem with DaVinci isn't the proprietary software, but the proprietary filaments, sealed in cartridges with chips in them to prevent the use of cheaper generic filaments.

I went to the "local" Microcenter (it's sort of a long drive) about six months ago, and they only had Makerbot on display, but had a list of printers they could order... Has that situation changed? Have they've actually given some other printers shelf/display space yet?
Yeah the one I went to had atleast 12 different printer's on display, maybe about 4 or 5 were Makerbot type's, then the Powerspec, da Vinci 1.0 and 2.0. It was a bit crowded so I didn't get to look around that much. The filament was behind a counter, and had to have the employee grab the box's to look at, so that was kind of annoying. Could kind of see what each one was, but would be nice to be able to pick it up and look.

That would suck having to buy their specific filament so even at $400 I'd say that is not worth it :P. But that Powerspec for $800, what is the real difference between that and the Creator pro, if someone has used both?