Close

Threaded View

Student
    Add roybfr on Thingiverse

Help with print quality

As of late the print quality on my i3 8" has gone down and I can't seem to figure out why.

Basic stats - i3 (non v) 8" running 1.75 J-head with .40 nozzle, printing ABS at 225 on to kapton bed coated with hairspray, bed is at 110. Using Slic3r 1.1.7 but get same results from Cura. Filament settings in Slic3r are diameter 1.68 wit ha multiplier of 1 (this could be part of the issues based on some reading), layer height of .3, infill 15%, speed at 60 for infill, 45 for perimeters, 2 shells. Retraction settings are1mm, speed 30mm, min travel 2mm

Here is the print. The main body is ok but could be smoother. But the stand highlights some of what I see, lack of smoothness, globing, etc.

I have done through and tightened up every thing. I had some be slop in the bed from the nuts on the threaded rods loosening over time. That is now gone, alone with anything else that had loosened over time. I slowed my prints down, and tried different filament. While things have gotten a little better it is just off from where I was at a few months back and I can't seem to pin point the issue.

Is my extruded just clogged? Any other ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images