Quote Originally Posted by truly_bent View Post
I've just started having a look into this:
- The OpenJsCad documentation discusses all the OpenScad functions right along with the object oriented ones. This is good for comparison and learning purposes, if you happen to already know OpenSCad. As a Solidworks user, i'm quite impressed with what OpenJsCad can do.
- Just to check, i dumped the ridged_beams.scad program (found on this page) into the OpenJsCad home page. It took longer than expected to render, but then it has to be run through a translator first. This screen grab was the result. Obviously no problem reading that file.

- I've started looking into running OpenJsCad locally (offline). I've installed Node.js on my system, which is the Java interpreter that OpenJsCad uses on their site and downloaded the OpenJsCad source code. Node.js comes with a openscad-openjscad-translator built in, so if i ever do get it operational it should have the same capabilities as the online version. By the way, the preferred browser for this is Chrome. That or Firefox (my fave) are the only two capable of running the site for now. More browsers are anticipated.
I just dragged and dropped that file into the OpenJScad home page. It rendered correctly!!! I'm impressed with its Backward compatibility! It might make sense to get the Java interpreter going so I can process everything locally.