Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
... However, do you think that if the end point of the flow chart brought you to a class of printer, would it still be useful?
Old Man Emu
If you're askin' me Old Man, i think most people want the decision to be made for them. When i first started looking, i hadn't seen a "delta" style printer before, and i have a CNC machine background, so i'm not entirely ignorant about machines. Telling someone that they should select one from that category isn't likely to help a great deal. I think Skateguy2000, who made the original flow chart, did a great service, but i expect having figured it out for himself, and not having any incentive to maintain it, he'll likely let it drop.

If someone were to design a web page, or several, dedicated to helping people figure out what they need in this brave new world - complete with all the ($#!%) advertising that is required to finance these things, they might have themselves a hot little site. I'd be interested in contributing time to such, because i'd learn a good deal in the process. By the way, i've built a couple of sites in the past (who hasn't?), using Joomla, so the idea isn't so far-fetched.

Instead of using a flow chart though, i'd immediately start looking at "mindmapping" software to organize everything. Something like Freemind or some such. Something written in Java that could be more easily embedded in php/html code. There's probably an app for that