Close

Thread: ThingCapture

ThingCapture

Taiwan based Etron Technology has just announced their new ThingCapture 3D scanning technology. Using sophisticated image capturing technology in 360 degrees, Etron is able to capture tremendously accurate 3D models, which can then be 3D printed or simply stored for future use. The company has a long history within the electronics space, and only recently has dove into the 3D scanning space head first. They will be present at the 2015 International CES for those wishing to try out their new ThingCapture technology. Further details on this company and their products can be found here: http://3dprint.com/34494/thingcapture-3d-scan

Staff Engineer
    It would be pretty impressive if that were a real print of the baby instead of a "simulated result". As it is, it's difficult to say how well this works, or if it works at all.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    ThingCapture, utilizes the company’s OK360 platform and advanced 3D depth-map integrated circuits to allow anyone to affordably 3D scan an object.
    wonder what they consider 'affordable' to be.

The commercial scanner bods I've talked to start 'affordable' at artound £10,000.
    Me i reckon it should be neraer £200 :-)

So are they selling a tablet or smartphone add on or a standalone device. It's not clear.

I laughed my head off for the last 10 minutes reading this. I couldn't believe their choice of company name : " ETRON " ?

Seriously ! Hum. http://www.wordreference.com/fren/etron

Sorry, just couldn't help it.

Roflmao.

Ome