Close

Threaded View

Student
    Hello From Belgium :-)

I'm a 40-years old IT professional (former software developer, now IT busines analyst/project manager) with a passion for model railroading / electronics / mechanics / 3D printing / travelling ...
    I have a 50W CO2 CNC laser at home, a portal cnc milling machine (elektor colinbus profiler - mainly used for PCB milling), a large cnc milling machine (HBM BF-25 - for the "tougher" work with metal/aluminium) and a lathe (HBM 250x550) and 2x 3D printers.
    (3D scanning is done with an xbox Kinect and Skanect Pro software)
    I started with a Velleman K8200 back in april 2014 (I got it as a birthday present from my wife), and have come a long way since ... I made lots and lots of upgrades and improvements for this machine, to get some "quality" parts printed :-)
    Next, I printed all parts for an Ecksbot 3D printer (also with lots of modifications, because I was not quiet satisfied with the default design, luckely you can download the Solidworks files ... and I'm "experienced" in Solidworks ...)
    Currently, I'm designing a 3D printer from scratch (in Solidworks), with a build-volume of 60x60x60 cm and dual-head (maybe I upgrade to a kraken 4-head later). (I need this build-volume for some upcomming hobby projects)

I'm also a modelrailroad enthousiast. I have an H0 layout (about 40 square meters), my wife does have an LGB layout in the garden, and we also have 3 1/2", 5" and 7 1/4" live-steam locomotives ... (thats where the lathe and CNC milling comes in handy)
    Furthermore I'm also "into" electronics, so I create my own PCBs, electronics for my modelrailroad layout and home automation etc ...
    I'm one lucky guy, since my wife is also "into" computers and trains :-) (I met her at a computer-club, where we both did some teaching, the LGB garden railroad is hers, not mine ... Furthermore she also knows how to "create" things in Solidworks, and she also uses the 3D printers sometimes to print juwelery)

If you want to know more about all my crazy projects, you can always have a look at my blog at http://www.digitalplayground.be
    (you can find pictures/videos of my 3D printed hexapod, 3D printed "me and my wife", a robotic-arm/ball clock I'm currently working on and much more ...)

best regards,
    Kris
    Last edited by sn00zerman; 01-02-2015 at 06:49 PM.