Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
2 things. 20 years of professional experience is not 'cramming things down your throat'. Take it or leave it - it's your loss :-)

secondly - windows xp is better at running most of the 3d printer software out there than windows 8.1.
Which isn't much good at running anything that wasn't written specifically for it.

Your os of choice should be either xp or - if you fancy something more recent - windows 7, 32 bit. But hey, you seem to know better, so carry on :-)
Ah but I dont know better which is why I am here to learn. Just that all my AMD's as well as a few friends that game have had catastrophic issues when it got warm, never had that problem with an Intel. Its great that you have knowledge. I thankyou on the heads up on XP and may install it on the tower, as this would save money I dont have to spend. I just thought that there were no updates for xp anymore and Windows had released some modeling software that only worked on the 8.1? I was told I could not use it on win 7. So your help is appreciated even tho some of us prefer (in your eyes) inferior products that work flawlessly in the heat.

The laptop I inherited from the Father came with XP and I thought if I were to use it on the net should get 8.1, hearing your views I will give it 7. I had hopes of using the laptop for the mobility yet that is fine if I must sell it instead.