Close

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Looks like you got a longer cable for the camera - does it work well? Where did you get it from?

I'm also using the Raspberry Pi camera board with a longer cable, I didn't notice any loss of image quality compared to the shorter cable.

I bought a 24 inch long cable from Adafruit for 3 bucks: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1731 They have a variety of lengths as well.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    What are the plusses/minuses of using a usb webcam v/s the pi camera?

Technologist
    I'm also using the Raspberry Pi camera with a 24" cable.

Engineer
    I use a webcam. One of the minuses for it is if you have any LEDs on the X extruder carriage to light up your print area, they will often "wash out" the image so you can't see the print. There is no brightness setting for using a USB camera, as opposed to using the RPi camera. Another minus would be you'd have to come up with your own mounting solution if someone else hasn't designed one for your particular webcam, unlike the RPi camera, which has many mounts and cases designed for it already. A plus for the USB webcam is long cords, you can put it anywhere. So far all I've seen is a maximum of 24 inches for the RPi camera, which may limit its location options.

Technologist
    Here is my setup using part of a white LED strip for light. I need to print another holder for the lights in black instead of yellow, but I went with I had at the time. The Pi will eventually be mounted to the side wood at the top of the printer along with relays for controlling the power to the printer, fans, and lights.
    Lights on:
    2014-12-30 12.15.57.jpg

Lights off:
    2014-12-30 12.16.22.jpg

Has anyone come up with a fix for Octoprint and ABL line error timeouts?

I can't seem to print anything because octoprint is erroring because it is forcing lines instead of waiting on custom gcode to finish like G29 for ABL

Engineer
    Increase the Communication Timeout to 300. That worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Increase the Communication Timeout to 300. That worked for me.

is that in code or a setting that i missed?

edit... i feel stupid :-P been fighting with this all day... and it seems to have made no difference

edit2: it would help if i would change the right variable...
    Last edited by sniffle; 12-30-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    is that in code or a setting that i missed?

edit... i feel stupid :-P been fighting with this all day... and it seems to have made no difference

edit2: it would help if i would change the right variable...
    It's in the settings dialog in the UI.

I think that has solved the last of my reliability issues. The symptom on the timeout was that it would occasionally finish the ABL, run my prime and wipe sequence and then stop, with the nozzle on the bed, everything hot, and not actually print anything. The terminal had lots of messages about retransmitting lines and the firmware deciding that it was getting the wrong line number.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast