Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Two Policemen sitting in their patrol car get blown away by someone who believes that the use of violence is the justifiable way to exercise freedom of expression.
    Agreed there is too much violence on TV and in comic books. That definitely desensitizes people to violence and helps train them to use guns as a solution to their problems.

But what happened to those two police officers was not an expression of free speech. It probably has much more to do with people not believing the police are their friend and there to protect them. When people start using phrases like "Hands up! Don't shoot!" and "I can't breath!" as a rally call, perhaps there is something else going on.

Hey! I have an idea! How about the police lead by example? If they want everybody to lay down their guns and not use violence, how about the police take the first step and they all go on duty without firearms? My guess is they would say "We don't want to be vulnerable like that." But of course, they don't care if the average citizen is vulnerable like that because of gun control laws. Right?

Here is a bonus question for you: In the Sydney Coffee Shop Hostage situation... We can't ask the two that died rushing the crazy person. But probably we know how they would answer this next question. Let's just stick with the survivors. Did any of the survivors wish they had a 'Concealed Carry License'? My guess is half of them would say they wish they had one and if one was available, they would go get one now.
    Last edited by Roxy; 12-28-2014 at 04:10 PM.