Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
Are they compressed or cut off? If compressed, what values are you using for DEFAULT_STEPS_PER_UNIT in configuration.h? Another thing to check would be to make sure the tubing shaft couplers on the Z motors aren't slipping.

FWIW, both of these posts suggest the heat bed on the 12-inch printer draws a LOT of current. More than just the linear increase expected due to the increase in heater area.
Thanks for the information. The prints are compressed. I'm not sure what the default steps per unit is set to. I know I haven't changed it, but I will check and see what is set. I'll try to mark the tubing/rail/shaft with a sharpie and see if it is slipping. I did order a couple of metal couplers a while back, but the ones I wanted I could only find shipped from amazon, so I think I have a week or two before I see those.

As for the PSU/Heatbed, I also ordered a 12v 30a LED power supply for ~$25 from amazon and Ihaven't had any issues. I'm using corkboard as insulation and it does take a couple of minutes to warm up, but I haven't timed it. I will try to remember to do that. I used Fork Crimp terminals on the wires attached to the PSU if that makes a difference.