Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Let me echo Gmay - I am following this with interest and look forward to doing some "homework". I'm waiting until after I get my dual itty bitty extruder going so I can do my tests with the heavier end effector. I will post any feedback.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    Let me echo Gmay - I am following this with interest and look forward to doing some "homework". I'm waiting until after I get my dual itty bitty extruder going so I can do my tests with the heavier end effector. I will post any feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by misquamacus View Post
    Bravo printbus, I'm loving this thread! I will definitely run some of these tests as soon as I am able. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks. I'm just another one of us trying to better understand their printer. I had no idea I would be digging into the details like this when I started the thread. I guess I was hoping for someone already in the know to jump in and explain the Marlin move planning - the code seems overly esoteric, and I've found little related information on the web that seems both helpful and trustworthy. As I've said in multiple threads, the more we share, the better off we all are in being able to selectively pick the information we feel is important. In the end, there may be some conclusions here that are debatable, but it'll at least have been an interesting read in getting there. This is another thread where I frequently go back and edit prior posts. Those just reading new posts as they appear may want to skim through the thread from the beginning at some point.

EDIT: esoteric: per google, "intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest". Yeah, that fits.
    Last edited by printbus; 12-19-2014 at 07:26 AM.