Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
Question:
Have any of you who advocate the carriage of firearms in public had to discharge a firearm while under stress and been able to place your rounds as accurately as you did on the training range?
If you are going to use lethal force, you have to use it wisely. But let's ignore that for a moment. Let's just talk about this situation. Some self righteous fanatic decides he is going to make a statement to the world and jacks up a coffee shop.

If I was in that coffee shop I would not want to be without any self defense. And let's talk about exactly that situation: In the end, after 12 hours, 2 hostage are dead along with the perpetrator. Why? Because they were all unarmed, and desperate. When they thought they saw him falling asleep they rushed him. How did that work out for them?

It would have really sucked to be there, but with that mini-revolver in my pocket, I would not have had to rush him. I could pick the time of my choice and make my move. I would not have to over power him (which I could not do). I would just have to out smart him.