Close

Filament breaks off the print

Hello everyone!

When I try to print large objects, the layers always break off each other.
    The print generally also does not stick to the bed, but I could live with that. But in my case, it seems that the layers don't stick to each other. Right now I am printing with a Witbox and Cura Slicer (PLA, 210°, 0.3mm layer height, Speed first layer 20mm/s, Speed other layers 55 mm/s, no heated bet, but use of bluetape). The calibration of the bed should be all right. I already tried to print with different Filaments, but I always have the same result. Furthermore I tried to shift the print temperature, but with no result.
    I also had the same Problem with my Leapfrog Creatr using Repetier and Slic3r.

Does anyone have any ideas, why that keeps Happening and how I can prevent it?
    I am really desperate, since so far everyone told my that they have never seen anything like that.

Thank you very much!

Alexandra

IMG_2484.jpgIMG_2487.jpgIMG_2486.jpgIMG_2445.jpg

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Cut your print speed in half and try it.

Also, is it chilly in your printing room?

Thank you for your Input!

I can try that, but then some of my models will take more than 200 hours. That's why i wanted to Speed the prints up a Little.

We have about 22° in the room.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    The temperature sounds great. Is your printer enclosed? Is there a draft nearby?

I recommend coming up with a temperature and print speed that works well for the material as a baseline before worrying about how long it takes to print.

When we print PLA, we normally do it at 185°C and 30mm/sec, with the bed at 40°C.

Perhaps you can reduce your infill to reduce print time. Many folks print with 10-15% infill; we normally use 35%.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    - From what I see in your image is that your getting a lot of lifting from the bed, this in itself can cause layers to be misaligned and will inhibit layer delamination. After checking your machines specifications I noticed a little disclaimer saying lacquer needed to be used on the bed...

- I personally haven't had any luck printing without a heated bed. I would get lifting and had some other issues, so now I always print with a heated bed around 55-60C which keeps the air temperature around the part around 35-40C.

- My tip for this is to invest in a heated bed, this also expands your options to print with other materials.

*FYI - I print PLA at 65-100mm/s without any issues, but this was only achievable with certain filament manufactures. I overview some settings and speeds in a short filament review HERE