Close

3D Printed Propeller Which Soars 4 Storyes

Italian industrial design student Flavio Gioia has high-flying aspirations for 3D printing. He has designed and created a functional Propeller Toy that can zoom up as high as the 4th floor of a building. Not bad for a small project that only takes about an hour to 3D print! While he notes that the design could still use a few tweaks to improve it, the current iteration is pretty impressive already. Printable in four pieces, the Propeller Toy design is available now on Thingiverse. Check out more details about the design process, along with some footage of the toy in action, in the full article: http://3dprint.com/31232/3d-printed-propeller-toy/

Below is a photo of the assembled Propeller Toy. Let us know if you take the time to 3d print one yourself, and how well it works. Can you get it to fly 4 stories high?:

Hello Brian and others
    Just clicked the first topic here as a newbie (thought I survey your presentations before I decide if I buy me a 3Dprinter or leave it) and I am astonished to read "He has designed and created" here, when it comes to copying designs being protected or patented and having been on the market and pirated for decades.
    I assume this was not what you meant by "designed" but i'd rather read sth. like "coded" because that would be imho the main merit, the biggest and not a negligible part of Flavio's work.

May Peace and 3D bliss be with you always