Close

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    The shrink wrap is good thinking outside of the box. If the whole frame comes away that might work.
    It does. The dowels are just friction-fit, no glue.

That film can create a lot of tension. It's wickedly strong stuff so the frame would need to be able to withstand the shrink without distorting. It's worth exploring as an alternative though.
    I doubt it, it's 1/4 inch poplar dowels, pretty bendy.

AbuMaia, what's your full OctoPrint rig? I'd like to do that too.
    Look here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...e-your-printer

Technologist
    Found this.

We decided to make a custom cabinet for our (Maker Farm Prusa) 3D printer to help control the environment when operating for better quality prints. In addition to keeping the air currents down and the temperatures controlled it will also serve to lower the noise levels and provide a means to exhaust the air if necessary in the future.

We are using .25 an .5 inch MDF wood and acrylic (plexiglass) plastic to construct the entire project. The tools and software used are a Techno CNC router, Solid Works, VCarve Pro and Mach3 to provide precise cutting and design tolerances for a nice custom professional look and function.

Engineer
    We are using .25 an .5 inch MDF wood and acrylic (plexiglass) plastic to construct the entire project. The tools and software used are a Techno CNC router, Solid Works, VCarve Pro and Mach3
    They've got more money than I do. I found a 27x40 poster frame at Walmart for $20. I opened it up and cut the plastic cover into 4 appropriately-sized squares, and have some left over I may be able to use to close off the back of the printer. I found some magnet tape as well, but it seems it's too weak to hold one piece of plastic to the frame, so I'll just use a few pieces on the bottom of the front of the frame to hold the front pane down, with a hinge of some sort at the top for access.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    They've got more money than I do. I found a 27x40 poster frame at Walmart for $20. I opened it up and cut the plastic cover into 4 appropriately-sized squares, and have some left over I may be able to use to close off the back of the printer. I found some magnet tape as well, but it seems it's too weak to hold one piece of plastic to the frame, so I'll just use a few pieces on the bottom of the front of the frame to hold the front pane down, with a hinge of some sort at the top for access.
    Poster frame not that's thinking with your dip stick Jimmy. Lol

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    OK so I got the speed controlled fan I mentioned in my previous post and I think it's definitely going to be a great fit for use as an exhaust faninside the enclosure. The speed control potentiometer is smooth turning not set in increments so you could dial in a precise amount of air flow. The pot and knob are really high quality as is the fan so I am definitely happy with it! All that was needed was a molex fan supply, I used this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Student
    Hello fellow Farmers, long time lurker first time poster...Here is my attempt at a wife friendly fume enclosure. I used the respirator cartridge/Fan method to "scrub" the air. It works really well. I detect no ABS smell. It is loud but I installed it with a pot so I can dial back the noise. The door is held on with rare earth magnets so I get the full width of the opening for maintenance. The windows are removable also. This the 10" i3v

FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender2.jpg

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    lovincup, very nicely done! Way to make a big bang of a post as your first! Welcome to the forums!

What did you use for the clear windows? Normal glass or plexi?

Welcome to the board nice to have a fellow CT farmer..

Student
    Thanks guys,

A friend of mine had some of the thick plexi kicking around that he donated to me. It's scratched but it's the expensive stuff so I figured I would try and buff it out with some plexi polish. The value outweighs the fact that there are scratches.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Really nice enclosure 'lovincup.' Roomy and bright. I like it a lot. Most enclosures are close and cramped and you can't get in to work on the machine. Nice job.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast