Quote Originally Posted by DrUsual View Post
Yeah, but on the positive side...S3D works with it. I've been using it for all of 12 hours now and don't think I'll ever start up FlashPrint again.
Have never used Flashprint actually, we never had that as an option a few years ago, and for most of the time it was ReplicatorG, which being open source I assume is what they wrote flashprint from and re-badged it.

Even if you can't print using makerware, it is a good utility. You cant make sure objects are centered and flattened on the build plate, its easy to move and rotate things, gives you a preview of how much plastic its going to take and how long... and the layer by layer 3D preview is pretty frigging awesome. Also when you RE-SAVE the STL it retains things like.. centre position on the plate, rotation, scale etc...

So even if you don't think of makerware to print (and I mean makerware, not the new crap-fantastic makerware desktop) you can use it for a virtual print test just export with print preview even with no machine connected... save STL's in it (binary not ascii) and use it to flatten objects on the plate etc, basically all the things that suck to do in alot of other programs.

(excluding simply 3D, and I exclude it because its a paid program, and nearly one of the only ones they charge for. It's nice to have all the features in one program, but I don't mind running 2 or 3 to get the same result for free )