Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    sniffle, in addition to the prints you mentioned,definitely print a backup set of extruder parts as some of your first prints! If something goes wrong it's good to have a backup.

Welcome to the forums!

Oh thats definitely planned :-) have a roll of green abs coming with it and got a roll of orange pla from makergeeks along with a mystery roll which looks to be colored high temp pla.

I may post a pic of the roll later as it stands im up past midnight soldering because its the only time im able to without a 2 year old climbing on me :-)

Oh im scheduled for delivery friday im hoping i get lucky with a day earlier delivery.

Technologist
    good luck on that extra day this is the time of year where that tends to not happen
    Mine has not shipped yet the 11th says Colin (ordered thanksgiving day ??)
    but I'm not in a rush It's MY first printer but far from the first one i have built.
    (Just built my 53rd today lol)

i plan on doing a lot of the thing Printbus has done sealing and sanding
    but the guy next door owns a auto body shop so after i do the filling and sanding
    he is going to paint it black and give it 5 or 6 coats of clear and im going to wet sand and buff tell it looks like glass
    and he is going to do some burnt orange pin striping on it for the maker farm logo and my old hacker handle "DeadlyData"
    is going just below the logo.

i might electropolish the the Open V rails at work.
    what do you guys think ?
    things i have in place
    leds to install flush in to the frame, RPi B+ with octopi all up to date modded with
    3 cameras one of witch will be mounted with a macro lens facing down next to the hotend
    one that builds timelaps (RPi Cam), and a cheep web cam that will do live octopi video
    I'm using a micro sd to full sd adapter but the added speed is worth the space
    ultra fast micros top out at 50mbps write full size top out at 250mbps write and it really shows when booting a pi
    64GB 120MB's write (tested 134.2MB/s 4kb random 5 tests averaged)
    working on ultra beefy hotbed switch.
    setting up to run it at 18v to start 24v at some point

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    TechMasterJoe - it sounds like you'll be taking a MakerFarm printer to an entirely new level. Just to make sure you've seen the fine-print in my build thread, I'd suggest you don't glue up the X-carriage and possibly the Y-motor mount. Watch the paint build up on non-glued joints - I think there have been people that have had to sand down some prepainting they did in order to get things to fit. 53 printers. You're the man!

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    TechMasterJoe and Printbus,

Colin should create a Makerfarm Build Hall of Fame photo portion on his website for your builds! And a hall of shame for mine! haha

Got upgraded to early delivery for tomorrow :-D

Oh right that filament... Sec ill grab a pic now that i have a working phone again...

The labeling madd it hard to figure out what i actually got... My best guess is a beta filament that is a colored high temp pla.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    photo removed for space but you get the idea
    looks a lot like it's frys brand the stickers look like it but we have a roll we got at the school from mater hackers that has them labels as well. any chance you can give me the spool dia and width they can be good clues. ?

my late night Rambling read if you dare lol
    all the spools i have are 1kg my list is simple 2kg or 2 spools of every abs and pla "Prototype supply"
    makes i have had extremely good prints at school with the 3mm i got so i just ordered it all at a discount direct from eSun the company that makes it for prototype
    my bot is all setup for 1.75mm so we will see

I might pass that idea on to Collin he might really like that. It's good for sales..
    we might as well make a thread on the forums about it "like hey post 360 deg photos of your MakerFarm Printer"
    and get it pined

as for paint build up it will not be a problem
    on hand i have 2 3axis cnc's a water jet and a 40Kw laser cutter
    i plan on making dxf files of all the frame parts changing things around to better fit a metal build, and water jetting a 2nd makerfarm i3v out of 3/8" 7075-T651 alu

I also just started building a Mega inclosed 3d printer with dual water cooled head, it eats 4 spools of 3mm on 1 head and 2 with the other
    nozzle is 1.5mm main 0.8 slave for detail still working on post script for slic3r printer is a full xyz gantry with print space of 4ftX9ftX5ft
    i want a faster 3dprinted car not a golf cart + plus i can 3d print Speaker Boxes for my buddies audio shop just an idea

and before anyone asks i will NOT give out any cad files i make based on the 12" i3v out of respect for Collin's hard work..
    if you want take it up with him.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    We should really leave this thread to sniffle, but Colin is likely at best in a gray area regarding the design files. It has been brought up before that modifications to reprap designs are required to be made available for others to use as they see fit. Marketing the printers as a Prusa variation formalizes the reprap legacy. I don't know the ins and outs of the licensing myself, but here's some text for reference from http://creativecommons.org/tag/reprap in regards to the reprap project - "This means that anyone can copy and improve the project as long as they share alike their modifications, just as one must with GPL’ed free and open source software".

Yeah i think this should be another thread but i also dont mind its something to chat about while i wait on ups to deliver my printer parts...

Technically colin should provide the files for the printer if asked... But they also arent hard to reproduce. All it takes is a set of calipers and time...

I plan on reproducing some of the parts eventually and custom making some as well since i got the 12" version it includes the larger screen and colins mount solution is to use the smaller screen mounts which interfere with the usb port. Im going to make a propper mount for it and make it available. Because... Well... Why not :-P

Open source is open for a reason if you can make money off it great but the whole concept behind it is to make it available to anyone that wants it...

Im hoping to eventually brush up on my coding skills and work on the firmware some as well and try to contribute... At least a little...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast