Thanks for your contribution, Kai. I was having the same problem with my machine today. My filament was not feeding through the hobbed bolt and as a result, the filament was being chewed through. This is a known problem as KDog has mentioned. Check out Page 28 of the Build Instructions which deals with this problem.

I found that I had to file away the edge of the idler bearing slot so that the bearing rotated freely. Just a few swipes with a small file did the job. I also greased the bearing's axle (and also the hobbed bolt bearings). I found that the tension on the idler springs was critical to obtaining a good feed and preventing the hobbed bolt cutting into the filament.

You should also take notice of the feed rate and extrusion temperatures given in the Instructions. However, you should also take heed of what has posted in relation to temperatures here http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Printer-Tweaks

Yous also asked about an FAQ Thread. This sub-folder is for Tips'n'Tricks applicable to MakerFarm printers, so if you want to ask a question, or post a solution as you have done, then do it here, but make sure that the title of your post is very clear.

Old Man Emu