Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    The picture shows the effect of Cura stopping in the same corner every layer to wait for the layer change. This is new filament I'm experimenting with, and I know the sidewall isn't perfect either because of some E feed rate testing I was doing at the time. This filament seems to be really bad at the layer change point, and so far I haven't found a magic combination that prevents it. One thing that aggravates this is that the pause reheats the layer(s) below the nozzle as it sits. Since the pause occurs in a corner of the print (the Make: resonance in XY benchmark), airflow from my print cooling blower doesn't have a chance to cool the corner back down before the nozzle moves on with the airflow. This test effectively had no minimum layer time, so the nozzle is back to the same corner likety-split. So, I know. Settings, settings, settings. I'm just showing what I was talking about as far as the corner quality driven by having to wait for the M5 Z-rods to accomplish the 0.2mm layer shift at MakerFarm default settings for Z feed rate, acceleration and jerk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by printbus; 12-09-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: add the photo, numbskull. It's not my fault.