Close

Threaded View

Technician
    Wow all this enthusiasm is great! I'm glad I printed and shared it!

I can't believe the printer's capabilities either. And this is with obvious problems preventing even better prints (like the occasionally shaking laser).

I was initially thinking about some kind of elastic thing like you are describing. However I decided to have something just go up and down since to "inflate" the flexible object it will have to fight the water pressure (which could be a lot of force if the container is tall). With the up and down method the object going up and down is mostly just floating in the liquid, so less force is needed. The force is just the difference in weight of the plunger versus the liquid it is displacing's mass. There is no water pressure to fight. I know this is kind of a crappy explanation of what is going on, so I could try to explain it better if you'd like.

Also the setup I have doesn't really disturb the resin much since the plunger part is mostly isolated from the rest of the container (liquid just flows back and forth between the bottom of the plunger part and the rest of the container). If it is set up right no resin will flow into the plunger part, although I screwed up with mine and some did. I am going to replace the container I am using soon so it is easier to use.
    Last edited by jstrack2; 12-03-2014 at 05:01 PM.