Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here is another helpful tip... when using masking tape, use the edge of a credit card to scrape across the top of the tape to get better adhesion to the bed. I know I can actually see the difference in adhesion, through the tape.. and it sticks much better than simply pressing down with fingers.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yep, I understand. It doesn't have to be a pin. It can be anything, anything that tricks the slicer. You are just getting it to detect the need for support and create it. I suppose it really doesn't need to be in the middle, it can be anywhere.

I need to play with the slicer more but I think I can just manually raise the part off of the bed with a number and accomplish the same thing. I don't think I'll even need to have a pin. I'll report back on that later.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Yep, I understand. It doesn't have to be a pin. It can be anything, anything that tricks the slicer. You are just getting it to detect the need for support and create it. I suppose it really doesn't need to be in the middle, it can be anywhere.

I need to play with the slicer more but I think I can just manually raise the part off of the bed with a number and accomplish the same thing. I don't think I'll even need to have a pin. I'll report back on that later.
    Rob,

I tried simply raising the object off the bed and the result was that it laid out a raft and then started printing my object up in the air, without support between the raft and object. Needless to say, it was just squirting plastic and making nothing but a mess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12