Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
Do you have to really ramp up the retraction distance in order to avoid oozing when printing with the other hotend? Pull the filament completely out of the melt zone?
I'm currently retracting 10mm when switching hotends. This is just a setting in slic3r, and it seems to work pretty well.

The other key to preventing oozing is to tune the temperatures. I'm finding that different colors of filament have different melt profiles. I can get nearly ooze-free performance from black at 240C, but I've got the orange down to 220C, and it's still oozing more than the black.

I have confirmed the temperatures with a thermocouple, and the temperatures are correct (or at least responding the same). I'm reading 9 degrees cooler than the reported temperature with the thermocouple in contact with the top of the heat block. The thermistor and thermocouple temperatuers track together up to about 150C, where they diverge, and up in the 250C range, I see the 9 degree difference. It could just be a thermal gradient in the block, or it could be a small error.

I'm using the default Marlin Type 1 tables.