Close

Threaded View

I found that my heater pad was warped in a similar way to yours. I forget whether I did anything about it or not since I figured that I was printing on a glass sheet anyway and that would be flat as it appears to be. I didn't consider any effect that lack of contact with the glass would have. I was more concerned about getting a level print surface.

One thing I would consider is attaching the thermistor to the glass plate to obtain a more accurate reading of the temperature at the actual print surface. That could be difficult as it is hard to find a space between the heater pad and glass.

How have you secured your thermistor to the heater pad? There was a tip in relation to fitting the extruder thermistor of setting it in place in is hole with a blob of auto muffler putty. I wonder if that would work with the heater pad and be better that kapon tape.

Don't forget that going from 18AWG to 14AWG is like going from a fire hose to a garden hose. There's a mighty big constriction to flow. I think you did the right thing by struggling with the 14AWG all the way to the pad.

Old Man Emu
    Last edited by old man emu; 11-22-2014 at 04:31 PM.