Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
because flashforge creators use the mightyboard and cannot use any of the open source software. Unless like geoff you've changed your board.

The rest of us are limited to makerware, replicator-g and simplify3d.

As far as stopping or pausing a print goes. The option exist on all software.

what os are you running on the computer ?

I've had no problem installing makerware on xp or windows 7.

Does the python part install correctly ? That's the only bit I can see being an issue.

Generally speaking if the first layer goes down clean, then the rest of the print will normally work.

Issues I have had:

Bad calibration, print detached halfway through and had lots of spaghetti.
Model fell off rim of printer and wedged under the build plate - I no longer have models on the rim :-)
Filament got caught behind reel and snapped
Abs warped, caught print head, dislodged print. - Fixed by mostly using pla now and abs pretty much just on raft.

But 99% of prints do what I want them to.
You can cut down on problems by a few simple precautions.

Check filament roll before starting a print.
Make sure the build plate is properly calibrated
No models around rim of printer (lol)
And be there when the print actually starts - for the first layer anyway. If that goes down clean - you're usually okay. Well until it warps anyway :-)
The computer is running a fresh install of Windows 7. It actually became a huge pain yesterday, I could not get the Kinect to work as a webcam no matter what I did, tried for hours. The makerware was just giving me some stupid silly error message, I would have to see it again when I got home.

I pretty much gave up on getting the kinect to work as a camera on there, not sure why it wont. I will just find a different cam to set up. Mainly wanted to record the prints. But would also be nice to pull it up from work and just see how far along things are, etc. And yeah I printed out a part to hold the spool filament feeding in the middle of the rolls. (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:409297) works great. I did have 1 print that had a leg break off mid-print, I believe the raft just came loose. I glue'd it back together, looks ok.