Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Me, personally I like americans, and australians. As an englishman I value sporting victories over australia much much higher than over the us :-) And I'd hazard a guess aussies feel the same :-)
    Funny you should say that. The first of this summer's One Day International Cricket matches is being played today. Australia -v- South Africa, and its is on TV. Just got my 2-year-old grandson up from his afternoon nap and plonked him in front of the TV. Got him practising his "Owzat!!!"

Practising during a game with the South Africans is a bit like being in the nets preparing for a Test against the Poms - you don't want to get bowled, but it's not the real thing.

(The sound you hear is all the Yanks scratching their heads trying to figure out what I just said.

Old Man Emu

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Funny you should say that. The first of this summer's One Day International Cricket matches is being played today. Australia -v- South Africa, and its is on TV. Just got my 2-year-old grandson up from his afternoon nap and plonked him in front of the TV. Got him practising his "Owzat!!!"

Practising during a game with the South Africans is a bit like being in the nets preparing for a Test against the Poms - you don't want to get bowled, but it's not the real thing.

(The sound you hear is all the Yanks scratching their heads trying to figure out what I just said.

Old Man Emu
    I have no idea what you are saying?