Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
1. I mention in my Z MOTOR post that a ball end driver helps with the Z endstop bolt if you are using the large couplers. You'll soon be realizing how crude the i3v approach to the Z endstop is - it is very tough to adjust it with any repeatability or accuracy. The large coupler being in the way just aggravates this. Luck will be an important part of getting a good adjustment. Before I could print a new mount for the Z endstop, I swapped the fixed spacer on the bed with another spring so I can just adjust all four corners.

2. At the home position I show the mins as triggered and the maxs as open with M119. Away from home, all show open. Are you sure you have the endstop connectors on the right places on the RAMPS board? There are -Z, -Y, and -X labels next to three rows of pins on RAMPS. Your connectors should be on those rows of pins.
Hi Printbus, I totally forgot about your comment about needing the ball driver, I will pick one of those up tonight. do you think having 4 springs is better than 3 and a spacer? As to the end stops, I put them where Colin said to without really looking at the board itself. could my less than stellar sodering jobs be related?