I've been poking around the entire forum, and it may be that my search-fu is not strong, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I'm really starting to get really buggy about supports / rafts.

I'm having weather-related issues with printing lately. During the warm summer, I was nailing my ABS prints, and my PLA was just about as good. Once the weather cooled down for Autumn, all of a sudden, PLA is curling up like a potato chip, and I'm being forced to use rafts for just about everything.

I just cracked open a new spool of Sainsmart white PLA, and am printing my usual new filament test objects; the 20mm cube and a garden gnome. The gnome has an overhang at butt level that is problematic with PLA, and actually requires support or it turns into a yarnball of filament

replicatorg, unfortunately, a) won't print support without rafts, and b) looks rather like the scaffolding they put around the statue of liberty by the time it's done building things, and actually runs support up to the nose of the damn gnome in the front. Way too much support, if you ask me.

Putting aside the welded on rafts, I'd like to try to tweak the supports in the gcode profile. I tried to tweak it a little bit, but I can't really puzzle out the features that well, and, of course, there's no documentation to explain what any of the bits actually do.

Has anyone done a profile edit with better (lighter) supports? If so, can you post a screenshot of the relavent changes?

Thanks in advance if anyone has fought with this and won.

Cheers,

John