Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
Yes, it's correct. It's been working for me with no trouble. The only difference is I have my Negative and Positive 12v wires on opposite blocks than your instructions state. Why didn't you leave it on D8 instead of switching it to D9 and making lots of work?
My heater cartridge is connected to D08. I just talked to my father (an electrician) and he said that there's an issue with whatever switches it on and off. When I turn the bed off in Pronterface, the clicking starts (the switch attempting to turn the relay on/off) and the relay heats the bed up regardless. I just now attempted to heat it up and when it reached 110C the clicking started. The relay continued and the bed reached 114C before I turned off my PSU. Either my wires from the PSU are backwards, my wires from the board to the RAMPS controller are backwards, or the whole RAMPS board is shot and not controlling the relay properly. If I can't solve this issue I'm going to buy a new RAMPS board. I'd rather have something I know that works than something that will continue heating and burn my house down.

Here's a video I took of the sound and the affect it's having on the printer (the LED): https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fg0os3b96...26545.mp4?dl=0