The gcode should include various printer commands at the end of the print. I'm not sure why these wouldn't be consistent in every print. You could open up the gcode files in a text editor and compare the lines at the end of the file. The commands at the end are something you can edit - look for them on the Cura start/end code tab and then select end.gcode. For reference, in the Makerfarm subforum dacb captured a Cura ini file in thread Cura i3v settings . Compare what you have in Cura with what he shows in the ini file starting at the end.gcode= line through the G90 line. If gcode files are new to you, the reprap wiki has a pretty good gcode reference.

On the stringy prints, is this filament that you've used without issue before? If so, you should be able to focus on retraction. If it is a new filament you're just now using with Cura, you might also have to try a lower nozzle temperature. I believe some filament is also stringier than others. I have one roll in particular that strings like hot glue pretty much no matter what I do.