Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
well printed the rook again from s3d.
Wow - some difference. Did one at 75% and one at 50% - don't have the 75% one anymore lol
gave it to someone this afternoon.
But it was pretty impressive.

When I get the battery back in my camera I'll take a couple pics of the 50% one.
Massive improvement over the one I did with makerware.
The side spirals are all smooth none of the crap I got with makerware. The dna spiral is clean, no touching areas, the stairs are sharp and the crenellations are definitely not rabbit poop ;-)

I did try a 25% one at 0.12 - but need to either recalibrate the printer or try and print the first couple layers at 0.2 and then the rest at 0.1 or whatever. Kinda like using a raft but without wasting any plastic.
I should be able to do that with two processes, right ?
Sound good! Looking forward to the images!

Yes, you can use two processes and set one up with 0.2 for first 1mm, then take over with over on 0.1mm for 1mm and beyond (it's under Advanced tab of Advanced (so... super Advanced?!))
If it is adhesion or general 'ugly layers' then you could also try starting with a higher temp, and gradually lowering it over the first few layers (helps me a lot with my crappy bend builplate.) That can be done in one process by adding several temperature setpoints.
Good luck!