Quote Originally Posted by jtice View Post
Did you try cleaning the nozzle out with guitar string?
I had some issues a while ago with filament extruding oddly out of the nozzle, if you had it raised off the bed it would curl badly to one side.
I ended up poking a guitar string down through the nozzle while it was hot, and I noticed some resistance the first few tries, then it popped through.
(make sure to measure your string/wire and make sure its a bit smaller dia. than your nozzle)
Using this method, I think I found why the hot end keeps jamming. When I ran it and the filament makes the clicking noise I get every time it stops working, I ran a guitar string through it and pulled out a wad of filament that looks like a slightly melted piece of filament, the shape is still very close to the original, unmelted filament. This might just be the filament melted in the tube, but that's what I keep finding when I run a string through it. Maybe the filament isn't melting fast enough? I'm running test extrusions at 100mm/min in Pronterface, but I've always run that without issues, both on my white MakerFarm filament and on my black IC3D filament. Still, though, when I run it I get the same issue as before, like nothing I could possibly do will fix it aside from fork out $80 for a hot end is better in the long run.