Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by indy3der View Post
    Currently I'm using Makerware, but a few things I'd like to be able to do are:
    1. vary the infill at different points in the part (currently, I'm designing support into parts and then printing at a fairly high infill %)
    a. Can Simplify3D vary the infill in an XY fashion, or only per layer (z-direction)?
    You can vary the infill % (and all other settings) on a layer basis. The only way to make differences in X & Y direction would be to manually split the part in your 3D modeling software of choice.

2. With some recent experiments in part adhesion, can you vary the temperature profile for different layers (hotter bed temp to start, then lower after a few layers, or vice versa)
    You can vary all temps per layer - which is really easy to do!
    Just note that when you start at 230 degrees and then make a drop to 200 degrees that the temp will drop gradually (duh) and then dip below 200 (to probably 190) before it starts picking up the temp again. But small decrements (up to 3 degrees) create almost no dips at all in my experience.

I realize this is about Simplify3D, but does Slic3r have this same capability? Simplify3D seems to be a great program, but I'd prefer if I had some sort of 30 day free demo. $140 is a bit steep to pay for something when you don't know if it will do what you want it to do.
    Cannot comment on Slic3r, but if you have more questions about Simplify3D than you can ask them here!
    (Damn, I feel like I should get paid by Simplify3D for advertising their product so much...)

EDIT: I meant 'cannot comment on Slic3r' (because I know nothing about that program), English is difficult~!
    Last edited by Dargonfly; 10-10-2014 at 11:50 AM.