Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
the problem is that the kapton tape is super sticky and seems to stick to itself in preference to anything else.
So just pulling a strip off a roll that wide, stretches it and deforms it. Then while you're trying to get it to stick to something else - it's doing it's best to stick to itself, crease, tear and fold.

I'm contemplating knocking up some kind of jig so i can cut the roll evenly into thinner strips.

Back to the bracelet - printed the normal size one (previous were short ones) with my adjusted catch. Now I don't know if this was related to the printer or simplify3d. But there are a couple of dodgy areas where filaments blobbed and some links that are fused. This is the first bracelet I've printed with simplify3d and the first issues of any kind I've had with any pla print.

That said the rest of the bracelet is fine and the catch looks better and is just as easy to use. And it did slice in a couple of minutes rather than a number of hours.
One thing with s3d - I can look at the gcode it generate alongside the x3g file to see if I didn't set the layer height to 0.27.

Short while later...

Yeah my fault. Should have been 2 layers all round and 0.27 layer height.
So considering that - it probably shouldn't have printed as well as it did :-)
Yeah thats great it turned out, considering.... I may try that bigger one too. I could get the small one on, but it pinched pretty bad. Is PLA like ABS in that the manufacturer makes a difference in the quality? is there one you recommend? I'd like to get some to try.