Yeah .7mm standard. I'd definitely be looking to go to a .4mm nozzle in the future.

I saw a thread where 3DOZ posted some of his nicest prints and they were impressive (doubly so compared to the undefined blobs I"ve managed to print, haha) It got me excited again about my printer... Which has sat unused for the last 6+ months.

IIRC the electronics are pretty standard stuff, used by repraps from (probably) a couple of years ago. One firmware step below the Marlin maybe? that seems to ring a bell?
However straight out of the box the electronics are not as open/tweakable as the repraps... so you have to use an arduino or similar to expand its functionality.

I think a heated bed will be the biggest upgrade for me. I dont really know what the realistic options are (hoping 3DOZ will chime in with his mods)

I don't particularly need it to hook into the main electronics / be controllable from the computer software... I think I'd be equally happy with a heated bed with separate power/temp control ... probably, haha.