Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
Interesting to see that the laser intensity itself fluctuates slightly in places. Makes me wonder if there isn't something misinterpreting the 'off' signal in the hardware.

Also, I wonder if seeing the ability to turn the laser on and off as a requirement might have needlessly complicated things. It might be time to go back to the basics and push on/off signal interpretation to the "Peachy 2.0".
We dont yet have a great way to test laser intensity is self, But good thinking we should probably find a way to do it. Last week we had a chat about the posibility of the power to the laser fluctuateing, which could result from many things including misinterpreting the 'off' signal, we plan to place an oscilloscope in line with the laser and put the screen in view of the camera in the print simulator, as a first go at testing this.

As for going back to not turning the laser off, honestly I really appreciate this suggestion, it shows you have the ability to make decisions based on whats best for the project, even if it means doing something that seems really undesirable. Thanks Feign, Ill be sure to keep this in mind as an option.