Close

Threaded View

Student
    Have an FFCx here, my configs anyway - "I";
    -always preheat the bed prior to leveling it (via the front panel) to 110C for ~5 minutes or so, then do the bed leveling with a sheet of paper. (I only level it ~ every 2 weeks now, the more you use it, the less tweaking it seems to need)
    -sometimes, but rarely - tweak the bed (move leveling knobs ever so slightly) on the first layer as the print is running/on the fly , if it clicks a bit - lower it, if not sticking- raise it a bit
    -use kapton on the bed (never had good results with blue tape with ABS).
    -preheat the bed prior to running any prints
    -print ABS 95% of the time @ 222C to 224C
    -have the bed at 102C for all ABS (edit /save Gcode for each file in RepG)
    -use ABS slurry made with MEK {Methyl Ethyl Ketone- hardware or plastics store} to make stuff stick (MEK is horrible smelling stuff, a glue sniffers delight! Use lots of ventilation!!)
    -also clean the bed with MEK
    -use IPA {90%+ isopropyl alcohol} to break the bond of large raft-less objects ,.. drizzle it around, then wait 30 seconds - then tap object off with a maple stick & rubber hammer (at the base)
    the IPA doesn't dissolve anything, it merely helps break the molecular bond -{ try it for removing old hot glue!} -use the MEK for cleaning the bed after, as some IPA has oils in it.

The first layer is often lousy, ..unless it's REALLY bad, I just let it run,- it often tends to clean itself up after a few layers. (I run ~0.22-0.27)
    The curling might be from too high a bed temp - could be wrong.
    Also, larger objects often tend to warp a bit - haven't figured that one out completely - sometimes running multiple copies of the object seems to help, as the plastic cools a bit between layers.

Again, those are my settings (with much assistance from Geoff!!!)
    I'm sure everyone's settings/results vary (document everything!)

G'Luck
    TD
    Last edited by Teledog; 09-28-2014 at 10:49 PM.