Close

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Since this thing hasn't been produced yet, how could anybody know more about this than what's on the Kickstarter page? All I can say is that it starts out with an outright lie:
    3DPandoras: The first full color 3d printer of powder tech.

There have been full-color powder-bed printers for a decade or so, that work much better than they've got the Pandora to do, judging from the one picture of a colored part they show (which simply gradates from one color to another, rather than producing a photographic color field). I've got one myself: the Z-corp Spectrum 510. Printers like that are available from 3D Systems (which took over Z-corp a few years back). They are now making color printers that use plastic powder, rather than the gypsum-based powder that mine uses, so the results are more durable.

If you can't afford one, don't waste your money on a Kickstarter project that will likely fail. Wait to get one at WalMart, and in the meantime send your files to Shapeways for printing in "sandstone".

Andrew Werby
    Last edited by Geoff; 09-21-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: removed advertising, please use self promotion