Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    All good points :-)

did have a quick look on ebay and second hand 'cubify' seem to go for around $300-350. Okay they've expensive locked down cartridges - but there are plenty youtube videos telling you how to get round that.
    And it's a sound design and about as idiot proof as it gets.

The biggest issue you're probably going to have with a real low budget machine is that it'll be pla only. Well cold bed print filaments only.
    Some of the more exotic filaments are cold bed printable.

But abs is out - and I love printing with abs. Thick bits are rigid, thin bits are flexible. And it's all seriously strong.

I highly suggest that you reconsider what is necessary at the moment because you will regret buying a cheap printer just like buying a $500 used car.
    lmao - my first 4-5 cars were all around £400, they all ran for at least 12 months and did what I wanted a car to do. I couldn't afford anything more exoenbsive and only regretted one. Never take a car mechanic with you to buy a car. They just assume stuff can be fixed - I have no interest in fixing cars. But it still ran for 12 months after I changed the water pump, and I sold it for decent money.

So no he won't regret buying a cheap printer - because he'll be able to improve it quite quickly.
    And learning the art of 3d printing can be done on ANY level machine.

Is it necessary ? Well if you were on any kind of design course, yeah this day and age I'd say it was.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-05-2014 at 11:45 AM.