Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    edit: I keep forgetting to ask you but the Z probe offset in Configuration.h can that be in a different increment than just .1? Say .05 so it becomes -2.15 instead of -2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Yes. My current offsets are 30.64, 3.59 and 10.51.
    Yes... Go up to a higher level and look down... What that #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET thing is, is a hard coded constant to build into the compiled C (or technically C++ code). it can be whatever. And if the compiler can digest it, it ends up in the object code. Your printer hardware and electronics may or may not be able to handle that precision, but it will work just fine as far as the compiled C code goes. If your hardware can't handle it, you just specified more precision than what made sense. But almost for sure, your stepper motors can go to two decimal places.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Yes... Go up to a higher level and look down... What that #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET thing is, is a hard coded constant to build into the compiled C (or technically C++ code). it can be whatever. And if the compiler can digest it, it ends up in the object code. Your printer hardware and electronics may or may not be able to handle that precision, but it will work just fine as far as the compiled C code goes. If your hardware can't handle it, you just specified more precision than what made sense. But almost for sure, your stepper motors can go to two decimal places.
    Then pronterface should have a move by .01 as that would have helped me immensely with this. I tried to make myself a command button in pronterface on the printer's computer but the command never worked (didn't matter the command) so I gave up.

You can directly enter a GCode command. You could tell the printer to move to a given coordinate with that level of precision. Specifically, G1 X 10.1111 Y 20.0001

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    You can directly enter a GCode command. You could tell the printer to move to a given coordinate with that level of precision. Specifically, G1 X 10.1111 Y 20.0001
    Of course I can but that wasn't my complaint and I can arbitrarily tell it anything but the mechanical parts is what dictates if it really can do what I said or not.