Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
Why is auto bed leveling so important. That is basically unneeded fluff. You level your bed and basically forget it. I havent leveled my bed in 5 mos.
I did not realize that leveling was basically an initial setup step only. If it doesn't need to be done often, you're right - it's not that important.

you also dont need anything special to print nylon. If you have a heated bed to do abs then you can do nylon as well.
I did not know this either. If that's the case, I'm surprise more manufacturers don't advertise their printers as being able to print more materials. You would think from an advertising standpoint, they would want to appear to have more features.

Are there any temp considerations to keep in mind? Or is "good enough for abs" pretty much always "good enough for nylon?"

Also if you havent ever had a printer before then dont mess with 2 heads right now either. You have a long time learning how to print with one head before jumping to 2 heads.
My roommate recently acquired a 3d printer at work and I agreed to get one for the house. The one at his work has 2 heads so we are trying to keep things similar. Considering we will be learning to use one with 2 heads anyway, there's no point in being cautious with the learning curve on this.

Not needing an auto-leveling bed and being able to get any abs capable printer and use it for nylon really opens up the possibilities. What would you recommend in my price range considering the points you have made?