Close

Threaded View

Technician
    Finally a success. Went back to 50c on the bed and had to print with a raft...worked perfectly. I hate using rafts though, still need to troubleshoot. I know 50c seems like such a low temperature there seems to be no use in heating it at all, but I can definitely tell the difference just by feel. As I was saying previous I used to use no heat at all with my PLA, but as I started get to bigger prints I started having corners pop up and/or curl. Experimenting found that a 50c heated bed with blue tape worked perfectly for the big prints so I just stayed with it. One of the reasons why that slight heat may work for me is that we're having one of the hottest summers on record where I live near Seattle. My wife keeps the AC fine tuned to 21c and it's never allowed to get warmer than that. I've been thinking I might put the bed leveling springs from the new FF in my bench vice overnight to get a little bit of the "newness" out of them.

I haven't given up on dual extrusion quite yet, but I decided I was changing too many variables all at once and needed to go back to the last known working configuration to troubleshoot. One issue I'm having with dual extrusion is that some of the models I'm trying to build take up nearly the entire platform, corner to corner. Makerware wants to build those wipe "walls" when doing dual extrusion and it can't do that reliably when it's got little room to do so.
    Last edited by roykirk; 08-21-2014 at 11:06 AM.