That is cool that the Hardcotton can do that. I think hopefully the Peachy will have those features soon. But I think it is very similar to the Peachy in that it is using liquid's auto-leveling properties to make the prints. Perhaps calling it a clone is unfair. There are some differences for sure. Maybe it is a partial clone (offspring?) haha

When you say the wave stays stationary do you mean a standing wave? Anyway when going from a high to low index of refraction at enough angle there can be increased interaction at the interface which does not support waves in either the low or high index of refraction medium, and thus the energy becomes surface waves propagating along the interface of the two mediums. If the second medium's index isn't enough lower than the first or the angle isn't great enough then pretty much all energy will just pass through two the second medium. I am not saying that all energy is perfectly sent along in this manner, but more or less this is how it works.

Also it is true that these waves propagate radially, however by the time they reach the air interface the part of the wave that hits the interface can be travelling pretty normal to the interface. So yeah it is true that in this way it also doesn't behave like a laser, but still it works as I am saying. I just used the laser analogy since it is simple, but it seems it has been more confusing than anything. :/ I think that you can form sound waves in liquids that are pretty cohesive in different ways by the way, but they definitely are not here.