Close

Threaded View

Technologist American 3D Printing's Avatar
    Add American 3D Printing on Facebook Add American 3D Printing on Google+ Add American 3D Printing on Thingiverse
    There are two wheels to turn to level the bed, unlike the 3 on the Rep 2. One is in the front, and the other is on the side. I should also mention here that the bed is glass. We've purchased aftermarket glass for our Rep 2s that we use for PLA, and we use the original acrylic bed covered in PVA glue for our nylon and PET builds.

When you invoke the bed leveling procedure, it raises the bed with the extruder in the middle until the extruder just touches, then it goes down a couple mm and then just sits there. At first I thought it was hung or something, but every few seconds you could hear that familiar "thunk" that the Rep 2 does when it's lowering to the next layer, in this case it's raising the bed.

Ever.

So.

Slowly.

Go get a cup of coffee, because it really takes a long time to finally decide that it's happy. I think it's like 10 minutes or so. Then the extruder comes to the front of the bed and an animated graphic on the display tells you to turn the front knob in the direction shown until the LED on the extruder illuminates. It was telling me to turn the knob CCW, so I did.

Until the knob fell off.
    Last edited by American 3D Printing; 08-06-2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Correct a typo