Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
Before I speculate about the roughness you are getting let me ask about the your comment above. When you say "it takes all extruded pla of the first layer with it" what is happening? Is the head sticking to the last spot on the first layer and then that layer completely detaches from the bed and it is now stuck to the head and traveling with the head?

Edit: I hit send before I speculated on the roughness. It looks like it could be overextrusion. Did you measure your filament carefully in different spots and in different directions? You need to take 5 or 6 measurements and average them. If you did that, maybe dial your extrusion flow amount back to 99% from 100% and see if that helps. If you underextrude you'll get gaps between the rows. So if you go too far, that's how you'll know. If you overextrude, that extra material gets smashed out and it can make the print rough.

It could also be too hot and swelling. Dial your temp back 5C and see if that helps.

Others can analyze this too but that's my first guess.
Nah I think that's it, just a bit of overextrusion, or its a bit too hot, or simply the filament he is using is a lower tolerance than the one the guy used on the Ultimaker.

Even the ultimaker parts the guy made for him have a few issues, alot of ribbing, from i don't know, is that a loose gear pulley that causes that?