Close

Threaded View

We have to do this in two steps. The reason is I have conflicting code in my Marlin_main.cpp file because I don't have an LCD Panel.

First, get and install Arduino v1.05 if you are not already using it. You can get it at: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#toc2 Put a shortcut on your desktop for it so we can drag and drop files onto it. This will be much safer than trying to open a file from within the Arduino environment. You can check to make sure this was successful by double clicking the shortcut and seeing if it starts up and assumes it should load a previous build environment.

Next, make a copy of your existing code base so you don't lose anything. In the new folder with what is going to be your new code, drill down into the Marlin directory. Delete all .c, .cpp, .h, .ino and .pde files. Mostly, we are deleting them just to make sure the new files really got put back in place. Download the attached file and change its extension to .ZIP. (The .Zip files can not be as big as we need so I had to use a file extension that can be bigger.) Unzip the attached file and verify you have a directory full of .cpp and .h files in the Marlin folder. This is the current Marlin code base with all of your critical values being used by it. Auto Bed Leveling is turned on and configured however, the Enhanced Auto Bed Leveling is not in it yet. We will do that after we confirm this works as expected.

Go into the Marlin directory and drag and drop the Marlin.pde file onto your Arduino v1.05 shortcut. You should see all the files get loaded. Go to the Tools tab and set the appropriate board type for your printer. It would not compile for my system because the LCD panel has a lot of bloat code. I had to change it to an Atmega-256 type chip.

Do a Sketch / Verify & Compile. If it compiles clean you should be ready to see if this build will work on your printer as expected. As soon as we get this working correctly, we will cross the Enhanced code base into it.
    Attached Files Attached Files