Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
Are you saying that on a vertical 14cm model while it is printing the top layer your printer will have a temperature of 90 to 100 at 7cm? That is a shock to me, how the heck is it maintaining that temperature, mine would be nowhere near that.

How does yours do for accuracy, how big and consistent will a 3 mm hole be when your printed item is at room temperature?
gee, and I though that was just normal. I turn off the cooling fans too at about 3/4 of the build height, so that might also help it a bit. My heatbed has pretty good transference, it seems to be equally hot in all areas of the plate.

The room temperature for me doesn't matter, cold wind from outside sure, but I print when it's 5 degrees C at 5am or I print at 30c.. I don't notice a difference sorry.

I just use the same old pre-printing steps that I awlays do. I preheat my machine to several degrees hotter than I need, so for a 110c bed I preheat to 112, for a 230 nozzle i preheat to 235c. I preheat and let it sit there for about 5-10 mins, or until the preheat script idles out and it returns to cooling down. I then run preheat again, which of course takes only a minute and then let it sit another couple minutes. By now everything it toasty and ready to go.

I also use 1 layer of Kapton tape with 1 layer of 3M blue painters over the top of that. This small bit of insulation I find retains the heat in the bed when it fluctuates from breezes.