Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Then you are very inexperienced in simple electronics. It can be done for even less than $40, I was being safe at $40. What exactly do you think a Z probe is? LOL There are 8 ways to make one that I can think of using normal components lying around the house. An old VCR would pretty much give you all the components you need - but you knew that of course didnt you?

Stop being such a douchebag and jumping on everyones suggestions. I've been reading your posts and that's all you seem to do lately.
The actual post he used as an excuse to jump on me had a link for a servo (with shipping) that ended up selling for $1.79 on eBay. Also in that post was a link to the information about getting a cheap micro-switch on eBay for $1.00. I understand some people may want higher quality parts but I'm getting good results with those parts that can be had for under $3.00.

There is going to be a few more cents of plastic to make a Z-Probe Leg and maybe a few more cents for a nylon zip tie wrap to hold the Servo if you don't print up a nice mount for it. But this can clearly be done for under $5.00 without even trying hard.

So as it turns out....
I have yet to see a link to that piece of hardware. lol.
Is not true at all.