Quote Originally Posted by evidence View Post
Thank you. And is there any way to export the configuration_h file from my machine? I'm afraid that local dealers have flashed it with some customs settings which differ from defaults
Oh! Wait! We have to back up! I was thinking Mendel's use Marlin firmware. I'm not sure that is always the case. I know some of them do, but does yours use Marlin Firmware?

Regardless... If you were starting from scratch... If you can build the Marlin firmware and flash your electronics with it... It won't take long to get your system up and running. You just go through the Configuration.h file line by line and change things to what you have. And each time you compile and flash the electronics, you will get closer and closer to having the machine run right.

But this is the approach I would take:

Who ever sold you this printer is leveraging the Open Source code base for the firmware. Whether it is Marlin or something else, it is Open Source. Part of the license agreement for that code base is "You are allowed to use it, and build products for sale using it... But you have to provide the actual source code that you ship with your products."

The reason this is done is so any enhancements, or in this case, any customizations are available to anybody who wants them. That keeps the Open Source mentality intact even if it is used in a commercial product. My recommendation is you call or email whoever you bought it from and say "I want the source code." Almost for sure they are going to point you to a place to get it. And if you have any difficulty getting it... You are absolutely 100% entitled to it from a legal perspective.