Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
rob. as soon as you put something on garolite your not printing on garolite anymore, your printing on whatever you put down. garolite i have had as you say hit or miss. it needs to be absolutely squeaky clean and try to not use it scratched. heat the garolite to about 50c. you should atleast be able to get a good print once in awhile. another thing i know of is people are printing it on nylon itself. get yourself a 1/4" think nylon sheet. in your pic though that is a fairly large piece. i think your going to have trouble with that. once my 618 ran out i ordered the bridge. i have not tried it yet but is supposed to have way less warp. psa = pressure sensitive adhesive. basically anything self adhesive, tape, etc. i get sandpaper in rolls with psa adhesive so i can stick it down on the bed easily just like i was putting kapton down.
Hi Jim,

What brand of psa sandpaper rolls to you get? There are a bunch out there and if you've found one you like can you share? I'm about to throw my 618 away. I just tried a bunch of ABS slurry on glass and that didn't work well. I spray mounted some 120 grit sandpaper to glass and that pulled the grit off of the paper backing. More failure...lol... Maybe it was old sandpaper. Anyway, I want to order some and thought that if you've found some you like I'd get the same thing.