Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
Some Prusa i3 use a laser cut, wood frame and others use a metal frame. For a host of reasons, I feel the metal frame is worth the extra cost. I have built several Prusa i3 and they print very well and gave a generous build area. Last month I built a Kosell Delta printer " just because" and it was a fun, fast build and prints nice, but not as good as the Prusa. My son send I presently have six printers in our printer farm, half are built from scratch and half are production machines, so we have some that cost around $500.00 to over $4,000.00. Done with a single extruder and some with multiple extruders. Each gas advantages and drawbacks.

if you are still thinking of building a Prusa, visit our website and check out our BOM and our build instructions. We have had dozens of our kits built and none have taken more than a weekend.

Www.botbuilder.net

Checked out some of the pictures you have on there. Those are some seriously nice prints!! Could you maybe clear up what the Prusa I3 is... Is it a design of frame or is the electronics or is it the software or maybe the size? Aside from that I was wondering if you had a good thread or video that would maybe help explain the mechanics behind the printer. Maybe that way I'll have a better understanding of what each mechanical part does. Hopefully I will be able to ask better questions such as "should I get this x or this x?"